Several Leaguers are flung into another dimension populated with Green Lantern's childhood comic book heroes, the Justice Guild.
Did You Know?
The Justice Guild of America is a pastiche of the Golden Age superhero team the Justice Society of America. The creative team wanted to use the JSA (even going as far to first designing the team based on their JSA counterparts) but DC Comics declined as Paul Levitz (DC Comics president at the time) felt the story as written disrespected the JSA and the portrayals clashed with the post-Crisis on Infinite Earths JSA in modern comics. However, Levitz agreed to a compromise: The producers could change the names and designs just enough to make the team not quite the JSA, but still get the point across. The Justice Guild members were intended to reflect:
- Green Guardsman/Scott Mason - Golden Age Green Lantern/Alan Scott
- Tom Turbine - A combination of Golden Age The Atom/Al Pratt and Golden Age Superman (with slight similarities to Starman, Star-Spangled Kid, and Captain Marvel)
- The Streak - Golden Age The Flash/Jay Garrick
- Black Siren/Donna Vance - Golden Age Black Canary/Dinah Lance
- Cat Man - A combination of Golden Age Wildcat and Golden Age Batman
Likewise, the Injustice Guild is a lampoon of the Injustice Society, the rivals of the Justice Society in the comics:
- The Music Master - The Fiddler
- The Sportsman - The Sportsmaster
- Dr. Blizzard - Icicle
- Sir Swami The Wizard (with slight similarities to Sargo the Sorcerer)
Ray Thompson (a homage to Roy Thomas
, a DC writer who worked on 1940s and 1950s-style DC Comics such as All-Star Squadron and Secret Origins, and science-fiction writer Ray Bradbury
, who wrote many stories dealing with nostalgia for the past compared to the harshness of the present) essentially plays the role of the Golden Age Snapper Carr, both of them being "junior sidekicks" of the Justice Society/Justice Guild. See more
The Music Master's car disappears/reappears during his fight with the cops at the store. See more
If you'll excuse me, Mr. Mayor, I'll be leaving with my "chill"-gotten gains.
Chill out, Blizzard.
[the Flash shows up alongside Black Siren and does a diving kick right into his face, knocking him to the ground
We're putting you on ice!
Forgive me if I give you the cold shoulder.
[Fires sharp shards of ice at them from his headgear, which they narrowly evade
References The New Batman Adventures
Justice League Theme
Written by Lolita Ritmanis See more