For the first time in three years, Phillip Phillips is back with new music.
The American Idol season 11 winner released his new single “Miles” on Friday, his first since settling a lawsuit against the show’s producer 19 Entertainment.
“It has been a tough three years, but it feels so good to have this song out,” Phillips, 26, tells People exclusively. “We have so much more to come.”
In January 2015, Phillips filed a petition with the California Labor Commissioner to get out of his contract, claiming that 19 Entertainment and its affiliated companies “manipulated” him.
To Phillips, “Miles” is representative of his journey »
- Brianne Tracy
Similar News Items"American Idol" (2002)
- 'American Idol' Struggling to Find Judges Before Show Starts Filming (From TMZ. 16 August 2017, 3:05 PM, PDT)
- Solange Knowles Deletes Twitter Account After Powerful Rally Cry (From Entertainment Tonight. 16 August 2017, 2:26 PM, PDT)
- Blake Shelton, Seth Meyers & More Stars Praise Charlottesville Victim Heather Heyer's Mom for Her Powerful Eulogy (From Entertainment Tonight. 16 August 2017, 12:10 PM, PDT)
- Phillip Phillips Releases First Single Since ‘American Idol’ Legal Battle (From ET Canada. 12 August 2017, 1:57 PM, PDT)
- 'American Idol' Winner Phillip Phillips Settles Big Legal Dispute With Producer (From The Hollywood Reporter - TV News. 22 June 2017, 9:01 AM, PDT)
- 'American Idol' Winner Phillip Phillips Settles Big Legal Dispute With Producer (From hollywoodreporter_tv. 22 June 2017, 9:01 AM, PDT)
- Jacky Clark Chisholm To Release Charity Single For St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (From Look to the Stars. 9 August 2017, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- Goo Goo Dolls’ John Rzeznik Feels ‘Home for the First Time’ as a Father: ‘I Never Thought I’d Be a Dad, Until I Got Sober’ (From PEOPLE.com. 16 May 2017, 1:50 PM, PDT)
- Ed Sheeran — Who Once Wrote a Track on the Spot for His Label Exec — Will Be Honored by the Songwriters Hall of Fame (From PEOPLE.com. 21 March 2017, 7:00 AM, PDT)