It seems that audiences are eager to drown out the threat of nuclear armageddon on the Korean peninsula by hitting up the multiplexes this weekend. Nothing makes Americans forget about a looming missile crisis like a demonically possessed children’s toy.
With cable news chyrons blaring the latest in the war of words between Kim Jong Un and President Donald Trump, “Annabelle: Creation” is shaping up to be a much more potent force than initially anticipated. The Warner Bros. and New Line horror film is on track to bring in as much as $38 million this weekend from 3,502 locations, according to Friday afternoon projections. Some rival studios even think it has a chance of hitting $40 million. No matter where it lands, the opening weekend will be a nice return on the film’s $15 million production budget. It’s also a much bigger debut than the $25 million launch that many were predicting the film would enjoy.
- Brent Lang
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- Producer vs. Director: The Case of Zack Snyder (From Flickeringmyth. 17 August 2017, 4:05 AM, PDT)
- Christopher Nolan Jetting to China to Support 'Dunkirk' (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 16 August 2017, 10:10 PM, PDT)
- War for the Plant of the Apes gets China release date (From Flickeringmyth. 16 August 2017, 9:20 PM, PDT)
- “Captain Marvel” Lands New Screenwriter (From Women and Hollywood. 16 August 2017, 2:01 PM, PDT)
- ‘Captain Marvel’ Concept Art Revealed (From Age of the Nerd. 16 August 2017, 1:12 PM, PDT)
- On The Rise: The 50 Most Exciting Emerging Actors & Filmmakers In 2017 (From The Playlist. 16 August 2017, 12:48 PM, PDT)
The Dark Tower (2017)
- Why was War for the Planet of the Apes a bust? (From Flickeringmyth. 17 August 2017, 3:45 AM, PDT)
- Why Oscar-Winning Stars Flopped at the Summer Box Office (From Indiewire. 16 August 2017, 10:13 AM, PDT)
- The Dark Tower Review (From HeyUGuys. 16 August 2017, 6:03 AM, PDT)