It seems that audiences are eager to drown out the threat of nuclear armageddon on the Korean peninsula by hitting up the multiplexes this weekend. Nothing makes Americans forget about a looming missile crisis like a demonically possessed children’s toy.
With cable news chyrons blaring the latest in the war of words between Kim Jong Un and President Donald Trump, “Annabelle: Creation” is shaping up to be a much more potent force than initially anticipated. The Warner Bros. and New Line horror film is on track to bring in as much as $38 million this weekend from 3,502 locations, according to Friday afternoon projections. Some rival studios even think it has a chance of hitting $40 million. No matter where it lands, the opening weekend will be a nice return on the film’s $15 million production budget. It’s also a much bigger debut than the $25 million launch that many were predicting the film would enjoy.
- Brent Lang
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri”: October Oscar predictions (From Hollywoodnews.com. 20 October 2017, 10:55 AM, PDT)
- Behind The Scenes Photos From The Dark Knight That Every Fan Should See (From We Got This Covered. 19 October 2017, 7:42 PM, PDT)
- Did Scott Derrickson Just Confirm His Involvement With Doctor Strange 2? (From We Got This Covered. 19 October 2017, 12:13 PM, PDT)
- Fast & Furious costume designer signs on for Captain Marvel (From Flickeringmyth. 20 October 2017, 10:34 AM, PDT)
- X-Men 7 and Captain Marvel Will Share the Skrulls as Villains? (From MovieWeb. 20 October 2017, 9:01 AM, PDT)
- Casey Affleck To Star In Alfonso Cuarón’s Horror TV Series (From The Playlist. 18 October 2017, 1:51 PM, PDT)
The Dark Tower (2017)
- ‘The Dark Tower’ TV Series, Which is Apparently Still Happening, Will Be a Complete Reboot (From Slash Film. 20 October 2017, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- new and ongoing cinema releases, Us/Can, from Oct 20 (From FlickFilosopher. 20 October 2017, 1:36 PM, PDT)
- The Dark Tower TV series may no longer be connected to film (From JoBlo. 20 October 2017, 1:28 PM, PDT)