Originally titled “Marwencol” and based on the 2010 documentary of the same name, the moving true story follows one broken man’s fight as he discovers how artistic imagination can restore the human spirit.
Details about Mann and Monae’s characters are unknown at this time.
Steve Starkey and Jack Rapke of Zemeckis’ Universal-based ImageMovers banner will produce with Zemeckis, alongside Cherylanne Martin. The movie is executive produced by Jeff Malmberg, who directed the riveting 2010 documentary upon which this film is based, and Jackie Levine.
- Justin Kroll
Similar News ItemsRobert De Niro
- Robert De Niro Says Netflix is the Only Way The Irishman Could Get Made (From Screen Rant. 21 August 2017, 9:31 PM, PDT)
- Robert De Niro on why Netflix is the right home for The Irishman (From JoBlo. 21 August 2017, 7:10 PM, PDT)
- Why Netflix Was the Only Place to Make Scorsese’s ‘The Irishman’, According to Robert De Niro (From Slash Film. 21 August 2017, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- Film Critics Name Their Most Anticipated Movies of the Fall — IndieWire Critics Survey (From Indiewire. 21 August 2017, 12:04 PM, PDT)
- Top 7 Sports Movies Inspired by True Stories (From Cineplex. 21 August 2017, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Loving Vincent’: How 125 Artists and 65,000 Paintings Made the World’s First Oil-Painted Movie (From Indiewire. 21 August 2017, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Leslie Zemeckis Joins Untitled Robert Zemeckis Project Based On Docu ‘Marwencol’ (From Deadline. 21 August 2017, 3:58 PM, PDT)
- Dancing With the Stars Adds WWE Diva, Property Brother in Season 25 — Report (From TVLine.com. 21 August 2017, 2:31 PM, PDT)
- The Jetsons live-action series ordered by ABC (From Flickeringmyth. 19 August 2017, 1:08 PM, PDT)