Universal is trucking along with it's Scarface reboot, despite some very vocal fans declaring it blasphemous. Today, we have word that Suicide Squad director David Ayer is getting ready to take on the project. So, what exactly does that mean for Gotham City Sirens over at DC?
The 1983 version of Scarface is a rare beast in cinema. It has gone beyond being 'just a movie' to being a way of life. It's almost a religion in the same way that Star Wars has become one. And though it depicts an Italian gangster's rise and fall, the hip hop community has gravitated to its messages of wealth and power the most. The new Scarface is not delving into Black culture, though. This new take will follow the rise and fall of a Mexican gangster, giving it a whole new spin.
And who better to capture that than director David Ayer, who »
Similar News ItemsStar Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
- New featurette released for EA's Star Wars: Battlefront II (From JoBlo. 22 May 2017, 12:59 PM, PDT)
- Han Solo Set Video Teases Classic Speeder Chase (From MovieWeb. 22 May 2017, 10:49 AM, PDT)
- Numb Trailer Has Hayden Christensen Preparing for the Apocalypse (From MovieWeb. 22 May 2017, 10:09 AM, PDT)
Warner Bros. [us]
- Justice League Producer On Reshoot Rumors: ‘Since We’ve Wrapped, There’s Been No Additional Photography’ (From LRM Online. 22 May 2017, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- Wonder Woman Doesn't Have a Post-Credit Scene (From MovieWeb. 22 May 2017, 11:27 AM, PDT)
- Charles Roven Discusses Justice League Reshoots (From We Got This Covered. 22 May 2017, 11:15 AM, PDT)
Suicide Squad (2016)
- The Batman: DC Producer Charles Roven Confident Ben Affleck Will Be In The Matt Reeves-Directed Flick (From LRM Online. 22 May 2017, 1:44 PM, PDT)
- DC Producer Charles Roven Plays Down Talk Of Ben Affleck Leaving The Batman Altogether (From We Got This Covered. 22 May 2017, 12:35 PM, PDT)
- Wonder Woman producer explains why there is no post-credits scene (From Flickeringmyth. 22 May 2017, 11:50 AM, PDT)