Jesse Eisenberg dabbled with biographical films in 2010’s The Social Network, where he played Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg. Now Variety reports the Now You See Me 2 star is going full biopic for an upcoming movie about Marcel Marceau, the internationally renowned mime and actor who was a part of the French Resistance in his youth. Eisenberg will play Marceau, who joined the French underground in Limoges, where he would alter the ages on the identification cards of other Jewish teens in an effort to keep them out of the labor camps. He also hid Jewish children from the Gestapo, and even posed as a Boy Scout leader to smuggle them into Switzerland. Sadly, when he returned to his hometown of Strasbourg, he learned his father had been captured and sent to Auschwitz, where he was killed along with so many others.
Jonathan Jakubowicz is writing and directing the ...
- Danette Chavez
Similar News ItemsThe Social Network (2010)
- Rami Malek Stuns as Freddie Mercury in Latest Look at Queen Movie (From MovieWeb. 17 October 2017, 11:56 AM, PDT)
- Facebook Acquires Tbh, Anonymous Polling App That Teens Love (From The Wrap. 17 October 2017, 8:07 AM, PDT)
- 10 Oscar Underdogs Who Stand the Best Chance at Gold (From Thompson on Hollywood. 16 October 2017, 4:19 PM, PDT)
- Ezra Miller’s Flash gets a Justice League character poster (From Flickeringmyth. 17 October 2017, 1:22 PM, PDT)
- ‘Better Call Saul’s Michael Mando Joins Jesse Eisenberg In ‘The Hummingbird Project’ (From Deadline. 16 October 2017, 5:10 PM, PDT)
- Warner Bros. launches ‘Flash Week’ with Justice League promo (From Flickeringmyth. 16 October 2017, 3:56 PM, PDT)
- David Fincher Movies Ranked from Worst to Best (From Indiewire. 17 October 2017, 11:48 AM, PDT)
- President Trump’s Net Worth Plummets by $600 Million as He Drops 92 Spots on Forbes’ Rich List (From PEOPLE.com. 17 October 2017, 8:13 AM, PDT)
- Julianne Moore in Suburbicon and 5 more movie "twins" (From Cineplex. 13 October 2017, 11:48 AM, PDT)