Fox Entertainment president David Madden told reporters Wednesday that he had hoped to have an “X-Files” announcement to announce on Wednesday.
But alas, as Fox TV Group chairman/CEO Gary Newman told IndieWire later, a deal with stars Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny, as well as executive producer Chris Carter, continues to be a logistic challenge for the network and sister studio 20th Century Fox TV.
As a result, Newman said he doesn’t expect the show to return during the upcoming 2017-18 TV season.
“My expectation is we will not have something next season,” he said. “It could be Fall 2018 or [Winter] 2019. It isn’t impossible that it couldn’t turn around and happen next year, but the clock is getting pretty tight. There’s no negativity, there’s no issues, I think they’d all like to do it. But it isn’t an easy decision for them. We »
- Michael Schneider
Similar News ItemsMichael Jackson (I)
- Keeping Up with the Kardashians Season 13 Episode 7 Review: The Ex Files (From TVfanatic. 23 April 2017, 7:35 PM, PDT)
- Watch Nick Viall and the Dancing with the Stars Guys Get Half-Naked for the Boy Band Episode (From PEOPLE.com. 23 April 2017, 6:51 AM, PDT)
- Paris Jackson Hangs Out with Godfather Macaulay Culkin (From Uinterview. 22 April 2017, 3:37 PM, PDT)
Alec Baldwin (I)
- Rules Don't Apply review (From Den of Geek. 23 April 2017, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ and ‘Genius’ Debut Plus More TV You Must See This Week (From FilmSchoolRejects. 23 April 2017, 9:32 AM, PDT)
- ‘SNL': Is There a New Episode Airing This Week? (From The Wrap. 22 April 2017, 3:20 PM, PDT)
- Mack Wilds Talks New Album, Keeping in Touch with Adele and How Jay Z Is His ‘Constant Support System’ (From PEOPLE.com. 21 April 2017, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- 30 Movies That Should Be on Your Radar This Summer (From BuzzSugar. 19 April 2017, 11:25 AM, PDT)
- Matthew McConaughey in 'Gold'; Plus This Week's New Digital HD and VOD Releases (From Movies.com. 18 April 2017, 3:00 PM, PDT)