STARmeter
SEE RANK
Up 2,829 this week

László Nemes (II)


László Nemes was born on 18th Feb. 1977 in Budapest, Hungary. He moved to France at 12 with his mother. He grew up in Paris, where he studied History, International Relations and Political Science at the Institut d'Études Politiques, because he couldn't go to film school. After that he started working as an assistant director on short films. With ... See full bio »
More at IMDbPro » Contact Info on IMDbPro Contact Info: View agent

What Movies Are Coming This Winter?

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Jedis, Bellas, and Jaegers await you in our Winter Movie Guide. Plan your season and take note of the hotly anticipated indie, foreign, and documentary releases, too.

Check out our Winter Movie Guide

Congratulations to Golden Globe Nominee "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel"

The Prime Original series "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" picked up a Golden Globe nomination for Best Television Series (Musical or Comedy). Check out photos from the show and browse our Golden Globes Guide for the full list of nominees.

See more photos

Around The Web

 | 

Powered by ZergNet

User Lists

Related lists from IMDb users

a list of 400 people
created 02 Nov 2015
 
a list of 38 people
created 18 Mar 2016
 
a list of 28 people
created 28 Mar 2016
 
a list of 10 people
created 25 Nov 2016
 
a list of 32 people
created 4 months ago
 

Do you have a demo reel?

Add it to your IMDbPage

Connect with IMDb


How Much Have You Seen?

How much of László Nemes's work have you seen?

User Polls

Won 1 BAFTA Film Award. Another 36 wins & 26 nominations. See more awards »

Known For

Son of Saul
Son of Saul Director
(2015)
With a Little Patience
(2007)
The Counterpart
The Counterpart Director
(2008)

Filmography

Hide Hide Show Show Director (5 credits)
 2015 Son of Saul (as Nemes László)
 2008 The Counterpart (Short)
 2007 With a Little Patience (Short) (as László Nemes Jeles)
Show Show Writer (5 credits)
Show Show Second Unit Director or Assistant Director (4 credits)
Show Show Actor (1 credit)
Show Show Producer (1 credit)
Show Show Thanks (1 credit)
Show Show Self (7 credits)
Edit

Personal Details

Publicity Listings:

1 Article | See more »

Alternate Names:

László Nemes Jeles | Nemes Jeles László | Nemes László

Height:

6' 1" (1.85 m)
Edit

Did You Know?

Personal Quote:

[on actor Géza Röhrig and the choreography of the long shots] He's someone you can't control. [Laughs] For choreography, I would say he's 70% controllable. The remaining 30% is completely out of my hands. This is a really good ratio for the Sonderkommandos with marginal movements. I'm not saying this was improvised because it wasn't, but Geza is hard to control. It was good that he played against... See more »

Trivia:

Member of the 'Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences' (AMPAS) since 2016. See more »

Star Sign:

Aquarius

Contribute to This Page

Paul Scheer on Why There Are No Bad Movies

Paul Scheer discusses The Disaster Artist and his love of awesomely bad movies. Plus, we dive into the origins of midnight movies and explore how The Room became a cult classic.

Watch now